CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OFFERED ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING FLORIDA, NEW YORK AND RHODE ISLAND) AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“U.S.”), AND OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding Florida, New York and Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of The Kroger Co. (the “Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and spouses of the foregoing, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in FL, NY, RI and where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The Customer Satisfaction Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 AM Central Time (“CT”) on July 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on September 30, 2013 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). There are two ways to enter: online or by mail.
Enter online: Access the survey entry page via the website printed on cash register receipts distributed during the Sweepstakes Period at participating grocery retailers. You will be asked to respond to several questions regarding your most recent experience at the store, and to provide your name, address, telephone number and the survey code printed on the receipt. You will also be asked to provide additional information from your receipt, including the date of your store visit, time of your store visit, store #, terminal #, transaction # and operator # (survey website provides detailed instructions as to where to find this information on your receipt). Online entries must be received by Sponsor by 11:59 PM CT on September 30, 2013.
Enter by mail: Hand print your name, complete address and telephone number on a postcard and mail to: Customer Satisfaction Survey Sweepstakes, PMI Station, PO Box 3526, Southbury, CT 06488-3526. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by September 30, 2013 and received by Sponsor by October 7, 2013.
There is no limit to the number of times you may enter online or by mail, however each online entry is limited to one per receipt, and each mail-in entry must be mailed on a separate post card. The survey code from your receipt will stay the same from visit to visit.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS/PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: On or about October 12, 2013, Promotion Mechanics, Inc., an independent judging organization (the “Administrator”), will conduct a random drawing for each participating Kroger division to select the winners as follows:
|Food 4 Less||20|
Each winner will receive a $100 grocery gift card (subject to terms and conditions accompanying the gift card). A total of three hundred fifty-nine (359) prizes will be awarded. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each division.
Winners will be notified by postal mail. Inability to contact a winner or the return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in the prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Limit one prize per person.
In addition to the prizes described above, it is possible that a Division may choose to award an additional prize consisting of one (1) $1,000 grocery gift card (subject to terms and conditions accompanying the card). The winning entrant would be selected at random from among all eligible entries received for that Division. Divisions selected to offer the $1,000 grocery gift card will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Potential winners of a $1,000 grocery gift card will be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and (where legal) publicity release which must be returned within the time period specified in the notification letter. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, then at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner selected. If a potential winner is 18 or older, as is required for entry, but not of the age of majority in his or her state of residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of a parent or legal guardian who will be required to sign all necessary affidavits and releases. Return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in forfeiture of the prize, in Sponsor's sole discretion.
Limit one prize per person. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received for each division.
4. GENERAL: All taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. Any winner of a prize valued at $600 or more will be required to supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes and will be issued an IRS 1099 Form for the value of the prize. By participating, entrants agree [a] to abide by and be bound by these rules and decisions of Sponsor and Administrator which shall be final in all respects relating to the sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies (including Administrator) and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the sweepstakes (the “Released Parties” )from any and all injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize; and if a winner [c] to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. Released Parties are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any error (human or otherwise) which may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] entries which are late, misdirected, unintelligible, garbled or incomplete, or are not recorded or cannot be completed for any reason; [d] late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or illegible entries or postage-due mail; or [e] any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those legitimately submitted prior to the action taken, and/or to award the prizes in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If due to a printing, technical or other error, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes, as set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes (not yet awarded) by a random drawing from among all legitimate eligible prize claimants in that category. In the event of a dispute about the identity of an online participant, the online entry will be assigned to the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business or educational institution) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries become property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or substitution by winner is allowed. These Official Rules and the conduct of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to conflict of laws principles and any actions, claims or suits shall be held in a federal or state court located in State of Ohio. For a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by September 30, 2013, to: Kroger Customer Satisfaction Survey Sweepstakes 13-3 Rules, PMI Station, PO Box 750-R, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Additionally, a copy of these rules shall be posted during the Sweepstakes Period at www.tellkroger.com and at all participating grocery retailers (it being expressly understood that the Sponsor, in the sole exercise of its discretion, shall be entitled to limit, and intends to limit, the number of participating retailers from time to time).
5. WINNER LIST: To request a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by October 31, 2013, to: Kroger Customer Satisfaction Survey Sweepstakes 13-3 Winner List, PMI Station, PO Box 750-W, Southbury, CT 06488-0750.
Sponsor: The Kroger Co., 1014 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Sweepstakes Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470